Oh, say can you see, by the dawn’s early light –
What so proudly we hailed, at the twilight’s last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight –
O’er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket’s red glare, the bombs bursting in air –
Gave proof through the night, that our flag was still there –
Oh, say does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave –
O’er the land of the free, and the home of the brave?
Happy birthday, America
Locations, from top:
- Sunrise on Mt. Haleakala, Maui
- Sunset seen from Waikiki Beach
- My “Old Glory” reclaimed wood wall art
- Cadet Chapel, West Point
- New Year’s fireworks, Disney World, Orlando
- Cullum Hall, West Point
- Flags at Washington Monument, Capitol Mall
- Petersburg National Battlefield, Virginia.
P.S. I did a similar salute to America last year to America the Beautiful.